REDMOND, Ore. (KTVZ) — The Redmond College District on Monday outlined its present COVID-19-related plans for each summer time faculty and the approaching faculty 12 months, as newest state steering leaves such choices as much as native faculty districts.
In late June, the Oregon Division of Schooling issued its draft Ready Schools, Safe Learners guidance for the 2021-22 faculty 12 months.
The brand new steering permits native management over almost all practices associated to containing and stopping COVID-19 in our colleges. The Oregon Well being Authority and Oregon Division of Schooling encourage faculty districts to steadiness the reopening of the state with a plan to maintain college students and employees secure.
Right here’s the remainder of the announcement on the Redmond College District’s plan for summer time faculty and the 2021-22 faculty 12 months.
“Please know that these plans might change at any time, relying on case counts and variants in our group, and depending on federal or CDC steering adjustments,” the announcement mentioned.
As of now, the Redmond College District will:
- Not require the usage of face coverings and face shields by college students or employees. Workers is not going to require face coverings of their lecture rooms, however the faculty district encourages all those that want to put on a masks to take action.
- Proceed to require masks on faculty buses. The CDC order for necessary use of face coverings on public transit applies to highschool buses till lifted by the federal authorities and can’t be waived by state or native authorities.
- Proceed to encourage eligible college students and employees to get vaccinated. Vaccination stays essentially the most highly effective instrument accessible to cease the unfold of COVID-19.
- Proceed to observe 3-foot social distancing as a lot as potential, particularly on the elementary degree the place most college students should not but eligible for vaccination. Academics will likely be requested to keep up seating charts to help with contact tracing.
- Proceed to encourage frequent handwashing with cleaning soap and water or use of hand sanitizer for each college students and employees.
- Proceed to make use of COVID-related strategies of airflow in our HVAC methods, refreshing the air twice every day. Throughout wildfire season, the district could contemplate limiting airflow.
- Proceed common disinfecting and environmental cleansing of high-touch surfaces, however is not going to require academics to wash desks in between every class.
- Proceed to isolate those that come to highschool with signs, and to quarantine those that have been uncovered to a contagious pupil or employees member. This can require continued contact tracing.
- Proceed to supply non-obligatory on-site testing for any college students and employees who’re displaying signs of COVID-19.
- Make choices on a case-by-case foundation relating to occasions and guests in our colleges.
Every year, the Oregon Well being Authority publishes guidance on communicable diseases. Our district, like all public faculty districts, follows these pointers, which decide how lengthy college students should keep residence from faculty relying on their signs. The district will proceed to observe this steering, which we count on will likely be up to date earlier than the start of this faculty 12 months.
The Redmond College District reminds mother and father to maintain children residence from faculty if they’ve any signs of COVID-19. Workers also needs to keep residence in the event that they’re sick. Based mostly on CDC and Oregon Well being Authority steering, quarantines for these uncovered to COVID-19 will likely be 10 days, or 7 days with a unfavourable PCR take a look at on day 6 or 7 of quarantine.