Good morning Oak Park and River Forest! Welcome to a brand new week of each day newsletters from Patch.
First, at present’s climate: Clear all through the day. Excessive: 89, low: 66.
Listed here are the highest tales at present in Oak Park and River Forest:
1. The delta variant of COVID-19 continues to unfold all through the Chicago suburbs, with new instances of the virus more than tripling in Oak Park final week. “That is changing into a pandemic of the unvaccinated,” CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky mentioned. “In case you stay unvaccinated, you might be in danger.” (WBEZ)
2. The Oak Park Farmers Market Fee is below new management. Rachel Hahs and different commissioners mentioned vendor output and upcoming occasions at its newest assembly. (Wednesday Journal)
3. The District 97 board introduced its ultimate new administrative hires of the summer time: Cathie Pezanoksi and Tim Kilrea will share the function of senior director of human assets. The pair will serve on an interim foundation. (Wednesday Journal)
4. The Oak Park Plan Fee has not made a ultimate choice on whether or not the Village will allow accent dwelling models. If accepted, the transfer would permit owners to transform basements or garages into rentable dwelling areas. (Oak Leaves)
5. Forest Park’s mass vaccination middle will shut at present. The Prepare dinner County Division of Public Well being is shifting its efforts to give attention to communities with low vaccination charges. In accordance with the Tribune, “clinics will spring up at back-to-school occasions, festivals, within the forest preserves, and at different places” within the coming months. (Chicago Tribune)
Right now’s Oak Park-River Forest Every day is delivered to you by our mates at Ring, the house safety firm. Ring does much more than doorbells: try their full suite of sensible house merchandise at Ring.com. And thanks Ring for serving to to make native information occur in Oak Park-River Forest!
Right now in Oak Park and River Forest:
- Oak Park Public Library hosts a digital guide chat concerning the thriller “Dangerous Intentions.” (noon)
- Children can take a newbie’s quilling class with River Forest Public Library. (3:30 p.m.)
- The River Forest Library board meets. (4:30 p.m.)
- Get gardening recommendation and ideas from plant specialists within the park district‘s dwell digital Q&A. (7 p.m.)
Oak Park-River Forest Patch Pocket book
- Amtrak is returning to its pre-pandemic passenger schedule this week. (AP)
- It is “New E book Tuesday” at Metropolis Lit Books, owned by a Dominican College alumna. (Facebook)
- Performances from the Symphony of Oak Park and River Forest are actually streaming. (Symphony of OPRF)
- An Oak Park filmmaker’s documentary on Tibet is on the market for viewing by way of the Gene Siskel Movie Heart. (Wednesday Journal)
- The Prepare dinner County Division of Public Well being is advising the elimination of birdhouses and fowl feeders because of widespread fowl dying because of an unknown sickness. (CCDPH)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting native information!
- Free Household Mini Photograph Session (August 7)
- Jessica Rivera Completes BHHS Chicago Remodel Coaching Program (Details)
That is all for at present! I will be again in your inbox tomorrow with one other replace.
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Oak Park-River Forest Every day? Attain out anytime to email@example.com.