OSWEGO COUNTY – In accordance with the Oswego County Well being Division, as of three p.m., there have been a complete of 30 extra instances of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) this week, and yet one more Oswego County resident has died in relation to the virus.
- Wednesday: 10 new instances
- Thursday: 4 new instances
- Friday: 2 new instances
- Saturday: 7 new instances
- Sunday: 3 new instances
- Monday: 2 new instances
- In the present day: 2 new instances
“We’re unhappy to report that we’ve misplaced one other resident to COVID-19 over the previous weekend,” mentioned Oswego County Public Well being Director Jiancheng Huang. “That is the primary COVID-19-related dying in Oswego County since April 6. Each dying is an unlucky flip in our efforts to struggle this virus and our condolences exit to the households and associates of this affected person.”
As of right this moment, 59.3% of Oswego county residents aged 18 years and over have obtained at the least one dose of vaccine, and 49,649 residents have accomplished the vaccine sequence. For the inhabitants aged 65 years and over, Oswego County has vaccinated 83.5%, which continues to be increased than the statewide vaccination fee of 80% for that age group.
“As a result of these excessive vaccination charges, Oswego County’s seven-day amassed new case rely right this moment is 30, which is the bottom because the starting of final November,” Huang mentioned. “I encourage residents who haven’t but performed so, to get their vaccination. The vaccines are secure and efficient. They forestall extreme signs, hospitalization and dying. They’re additionally extensively obtainable now. They’re free and don’t require medical insurance.”
Oswego County Legislature Chairman James Weatherup briefed the general public right this moment. In right this moment’s video, he mentioned an award given to Dr. Christina Liepke, the American Rescue Plan and the newly renovated Protected Haven Museum in Oswego.
These county updates movies can be launched each different Tuesday. Oswego County In the present day will proceed our reviews each Tuesday.
Weatherup congratulated Oswego County’s Medical Director Dr. Christina Liepke for receiving the Amelia Earhart Girl on the 12 months Award from the Oswego Zonta Membership. She is being honored for her management position within the county’s response to COVID-19. She has been medical director since 2014 and gives medical steerage on the Oswego County Well being Division’s operations.
“Through the COVID-19 pandemic, her work on the well being division rose to a brand new stage,” Weatherup mentioned. “She’s a trusted useful resource who offered us with worthwhile recommendation on testing, organizing clinics, and serving to to plan the county’s COVID-19 response actions.”
Weatherup additionally mentioned the American Rescue Plan handed by Congress. He mentioned there are over 150 pages on what this cash can and can’t be used for.
“We see this as an unbelievable alternative for group leaders to work collectively to foster a resilient financial plan for our county,” Weatherup mentioned. “Some folks have counsel infrastructure enhancements, similar to broadband entry, public water and sewer providers that might enhance the standard of life in our county for generations to return. We’re nonetheless within the early starting stage.”
He additionally reminded residents that Oswego County has stunning locations to discover this summer time and has distinctive actions for residents and guests. This week’s tourism tip of the week is to take a look at the newly renovated Protected Haven Museum and Holocaust Refugee Shelter in Oswego, which was closed through the pandemic. It reopened yesterday.
There can be a county vaccine clinic on Wednesday, June 3, at Fulton G. Ray Bodley Excessive Faculty on William Gillard Drive. Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine is offered. To make an appointment for this one dose vaccine please click on here.
There can be one other county vaccine clinic on Friday, June 11, on the Oswego Excessive Faculty on West Utica Road Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine is offered. To make an appointment for this one dose vaccine please click on here.
If you want to be notified of the provision of unused vaccine doses on the finish of a county clinic, please fill out this kind here.
In the present day’s statistics are beneath:
Oswego County: (as of three p.m.)
- Oswego County residents aged 18 and over with at the least one vaccine dose: 59.3% (Might 18: 52,900)
- Oswego County residents aged 18 and over absolutely vaccinated: 49,649 (Might 18: 46,270)
- Oswego County’s seven-day positivity fee: Not launched (Might 18: 1.7%)
- Whole # of lively instances: 52 (Might 25: 86)
- Whole # of optimistic instances: 8,071 (Might 25: 8,041)
- Whole # of recoveries: 7,928 (Might 25: 7,865)
- Whole # assessments: 223,188 (Might 25: 219,752)
- Whole # of detrimental outcomes: 212,282 (Might 25: 208,892)
- Whole # of individuals in obligatory isolation/quarantine: 181 (Might 25: 323)
- Whole # of deaths: 91 (Might 25: 90)
- Whole # of hospitalizations: 318 (as of March 1 – there have been 306 as of Feb. 15)
Municipalities With Cases: Map up to date Friday.
11-25 confirmed instances: Boylston, Redfield
26-50 confirmed instances: Amboy
51-75 confirmed instances: Minetto, Orwell, Williamstown
101-150 confirmed instances: Albion, Parish
151-200 confirmed instances: New Haven
201-250 confirmed instances: Sandy Creek, West Monroe
251-300 confirmed instances: Constantia, Hannibal, Mexico, Palermo
351-400 confirmed instances: Richland, Scriba
Over 400 confirmed instances: Metropolis of Fulton, Metropolis of Oswego, Granby, Hastings, Oswego City, Schroeppel, Volney
SUNY Oswego Statistics: (as of two:45 p.m.) Be aware – the faculty reset its numbers, so the next numbers are after Might 22, 2021. Spring 2021 information may be discovered here. Fall 2020 information may be discovered here.
- Whole variety of lively instances: 2 (Might 25: 0)
- Whole variety of cumulative confirmed instances since Might 22: 2 (Might 25: 0)
- Whole variety of assessments: 606 (Might 25: 220)
- Additional breakdown obtainable on SUNY Oswego dashboard.
- Whole variety of recoveries: 0 (Might 25: 0)
- Whole variety of on-campus quarantine rooms occupied: 0 (Might 25: 0)
- Whole variety of on-campus isolation rooms occupied: 0 (Might 25: 0)
- Whole variety of off-campus college students in quarantine: 0 (Might 25: 0)
- Whole variety of off-campus college students in isolation: 1 (Might 25: 0)
Oswego County Faculty Districts: Search for your faculty district’s COVID-19 report card here. It exhibits if there are any optimistic instances inside the faculty district, for college students and workers.
Oswego County Nursing Residence Deaths: (as of Might 31 – no change since Feb. 8)
- Nursing home deaths associated to COVID-19 :
- At nursing residence – 49 (no change)
- Outdoors nursing residence – 7 (no change)
- Assisted living facility deaths associated to COVID-19:
- At assisted residing facility – 0 (no change)
- Outdoors assisted residing facility – 0 (no change)
- Different adult care facility deaths launched to COVID-19:
- At grownup care facility: 0 (no change)
- Outdoors grownup care facility: 1 (no change)
New York: (as of yesterday)
- Whole # of optimistic instances: 2,085,581 (Might 25: 2,080,113)
- Whole # of deaths: 42,723 (Might 25: 42,624)
*NY numbers and nursing residence numbers are from the NY State Division of Well being.
Different updates from the state may be discovered here.
U.S.: (as of 1:24 p.m.)
- Whole # of optimistic instances: 33,269,749 (Might 25: 33,151,903)
- Whole # of deaths: 594,650 (Might 25: 590,586)
- Whole # of vaccine doses administered: 294,795,946 (Might 25: 286,438,406)
Worldwide: (as of 1:24 p.m.)
- Whole # of optimistic instances: 170,836,935 (Might 25: 167,454,138)
- Whole # of deaths: 3,552,277 (Might 25: 3,476,320)
- Whole # of vaccine doses administered: 1,928,347,028 (Might 25: 1,705,345,811)
Free transportation is offered to residents to go to COVID-19 check and vaccination websites via a partnership between Oswego County and Oswego County Alternatives, Inc. Transportation is offered Monday via Saturday between 6 a.m. and seven p.m. Name 315-598-1514 to schedule a trip prematurely.
Hyperlinks For Statistics:
Notes: The whole variety of optimistic instances in Oswego County is cumulative since March 2020 and the variety of recoveries and deaths are of these numbers. SUNY Oswego instances are included within the county numbers, nonetheless, the county tracks solely these residing in Oswego County. That implies that college students who selected to depart and return to their residence county and check optimistic there can be included on the faculty’s dashboard, however not the county’s. Their optimistic end result can be reported to their residence county, not right here.
The primary two instances in Oswego County have been confirmed March 22, 2020.